Monday, October 3, 2011
DANA AWARDS for the NOVEL
1. The Dana Awards are given annually in four categories: Novel, Essay, Short Fiction and Poetry.
2. One winner in each category receives $1,000.
3. All work must be unawarded and unpublished when submitted, with no promise of award of publication either online or in print. However, they do accept simultaneous submissions, meaning if you get a contract after your work is submitted, you are still eligible for the Dana Award.
4. For the novel, send the first 40 pages. (Guidelines for other categories are available on the website.). All genres accepted except memoirs and works by authors under the age of 16.
5. Include separate cover sheet with contact information. Author's name should NOT appear on the manuscript.
6. Entry fee is $15 for essay, short story and poetry; $25 for novel. Make check out to: Dana Awards
7. Mail submissions to: Mary Elizabeth Parker, Chair
200 Fosseway Drive
Greensboro, NC 27455
8. Submissions must be postmarked no later than October 31st. Winners will by announced by May 2012.
For more information, please visit the DANA AWARDS website. Please read guidelines in their entirety prior to submitting. A Thousand Wrongs is not responsible for anything other than providing the information listed above.