Friday, August 10, 2012

LAURISA TALKS BOOKS - SCBWI BOOK HAUL

- Please Read:  The Rock of Ivanore Needs Your Help
-  Win a copy of THE FUTURE OF US by Jay Asher (Ends 8/14)
 - Win a copy of THE KINDLING by Braden Bell (Ends 8/21)
 - Win a copy of EVERTASTER by Adam Sidwell (Ends 8/14)
- Win a copy of THE ROCK OF IVANORE on Goodreads (Ends 8/25)
- Win a copy of THE CORPSE RAT KING by Lee Battersby (Ends 8/18)

This week I'm trying something new -- A VIDEO!!! I recently attended the SCBWI Conference in Los Angeles and came home with a stack of new books. Check it out!!! And I've pasted some pics below, too!



Here are some pics!!!

Me & Cheryl Sena, future author extraordinaire!

Chris Rylander, author of The Fourth Stall, winner of this year's Sid Fleishman Award


Karen Cushman, author of Newbery Award winning book The Midwife's Apprentice

Clare Vanderpool, author of Newbery Award winning book Moon Over Manifest

Lee Wardlaw, author of  101 Ways To Bug Your Parents

Dan Gutman, author of the bestselling My Weird School series


Gary Schmidt, author of Newbery Honor book Lizzie Bright and the Buckminster Boy

Tony DiTerlizzi, author and illustrator of The Search for Wondla

Jon Klassen, author of I Want My Hat Back

Mary Petersen, children's book author and illustrator
Ellen Hopkins, author of Crank and Fallout and many other YA bestsellers

The marvelous Patricia MacLachlan! Author of the Newbery Award Winning book Sarah, Plain and Tall

3 comments:

  1. Hey, I know I've seen some of these people somewhere! It was wonderful to see you (and all these fabulous people too) at the conference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It killed me to miss SCBWI this year. Thanks for sharing your author moments.

    ReplyDelete