Monday, December 31, 2012

TOP TEN FAVORITE READS OF 2012

2012 has come an gone. In the past twelve months I've managed to read or listen to 37 books. For years, long before Goodreads came along, I've been keeping a list of books I read and want to read in an Excel spreadsheet color coded according to whether a title is adult fiction, juvenile fiction or non-fiction. Audio books are italicized and all titles are given a rating. The title I liked best that year is in bold.

Before I announce my top 5 favorite books of 2012, here are my top books from years past. Keep in mind that these are books I read that year, not necessarily books published that year.



2007
2005

2006

2010
2008

2009

2011



And now for the 2012 countdown of the 10 Best Books I Read!

10.  The Cabinet of Earths by Anne Nesbet [Middle grade fiction, fantasy]
9.    With Love and Laughter, John Ritter by Amy Yasbeck  [Non-fiction, biography]
8.    Fracture by Megan Miranda [Young adult fiction, paranormal]
7.    Ashes by Ilsa Bick [Young adult fiction, dystopian]
6.    Stolen Innocence by Elisa Wall [Non-fiction, biography]
5.    The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman [adult ficiton]
4.    Cinder by Marissa Meyer[Young adult fiction, science fiction]
3.    The Clockwork Universe by Edward Dolnick [Non-fiction, historical]
2.    Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys [Middle grade fiction, historical]

Click on the titles to read my reviews.

and now, drum roll please....

My #1 favorite book of 2012 is...



THE HELP by Kathryn Stockett
[Adult fiction, historical]

So, now the question is...What do I plan to read in 2013?  Stop by tomorrow to find out!



No comments:

Post a Comment