Before I announce my top 5 favorite books of 2012, here are my top books from years past. Keep in mind that these are books I read that year, not necessarily books published that year.
And now for the 2012 countdown of the 10 Best Books I Read!
10. The Cabinet of Earths by Anne Nesbet [Middle grade fiction, fantasy]
9. With Love and Laughter, John Ritter by Amy Yasbeck [Non-fiction, biography]
8. Fracture by Megan Miranda [Young adult fiction, paranormal]
7. Ashes by Ilsa Bick [Young adult fiction, dystopian]
6. Stolen Innocence by Elisa Wall [Non-fiction, biography]
5. The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman [adult ficiton]
4. Cinder by Marissa Meyer[Young adult fiction, science fiction]
3. The Clockwork Universe by Edward Dolnick [Non-fiction, historical]
2. Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys [Middle grade fiction, historical]
Click on the titles to read my reviews.
and now, drum roll please....
My #1 favorite book of 2012 is...
THE HELP by Kathryn Stockett
[Adult fiction, historical]
So, now the question is...What do I plan to read in 2013? Stop by tomorrow to find out!