Sunday, January 5, 2014

MY 2014 TO BE READ LIST

* Win a collection of 6 young adult novels!
* Book Review: Insurgent by Veronica Roth
* Writer 2 Writer: How To Write a Real Page-Turner

I begin every new with two activities:  First, I clean out my bookshelves. And second, I make a list of the books I plan to read next.

I cleaned out my shelves on New Year's Day and gave away 5 grocery bags full of books, some to my school librarian friend, some to Deseret Industries, some I posted on Paperbackswap.com, and some I'm setting aside for my son's Eagle Scout project for Book Roots in Los Angeles.

It always feels so good to have space on my shelves. Of course, that space will very quickly be filled with brand new books I'm dying to read.

So I am now putting together that list of books I have every intention of reading in 2014, some are books I already own. Some I'll have to purchase.

My goal is to read 50 books in 2014. I read 61 in 2013, overshooting my goal by 21 books!  So here is my tentative starter list. What's on yours?

THE CHOCOLATE WAR by Robert Cormier
WOOL by Hugh Howey
CITADEL by Kate Mosse
SUNRISE by Mike Mullin
CRESS by Marissa Meyer
EARTH AWAKENS by Orson Scott Card
UNSOULED by Neal Shusterman
INFERNO by Dan Brown
GILT by Katherine Longshore
POSSESS by Gretchen McNeil
ENDERS by Lissa Price
PAPER TOWNS by John Green
FALSE PRINCE by Jennifer Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment