* CONTACT COUNTDOWN #9: SNEAK PREVIEW
* BOOK REVIEW: WIND DANCER by Chris Platt
I am giving away 5 paperback copies of CONTACT via Goodreads as part of the CONTACT COUNTDOWN. Winners will be selected on June 23rd!!!
1. Mira in Spanish means "to see"
2. Gaudium means "joy" or "happiness" in Latin
3. Bergie's is a real sandwich shop in La Cañada-Flintridge, the town where I spent my teen and young adult years.
4. A friend of my mother used to wear Jungle Gardenia perfume. I loved it as a kid, and still love the smell of Gardenias today.
5. Mira's park is patterned after my neighborhood park where I've taken my kids to play for 20 years.
6. There is no Edgar Cayce Institute on the West Coast. Don't you love the power of fiction?
7. When my mom was a little girl, my grandma rewarded (bribed) her to participate in dance classes with Abba-Zaba bars.
8. I make Lemon Berry Bread for my kids every summer. I saw it on Mrs. Field's cooking show ages ago and wrote in to request the recipe.
9. David is actually pronounced "Daveed" (In Spanish, 'i' is pronounced like a long 'e'.)
10. Starbucks serves their Hot Chocolate at about 160 degrees Fahrenheit, but can be as hot as 200 degrees. (Secret: Kids Hot Chocolate is only 130 degrees.)