Thursday, December 31, 2015

MY FAVORITE READS OF 2015

At the end of every year, I post about all the books I've read in the past twelve months and decide which were my most and least favorites. In 2015, I read (or listened to) a total of 35 books. Unfortunately, I missed my goal of 50 books this year. Last year I read 45, and the year before that I read 61. But still, 35 isn't bad, and some of them were really fantastic.

So, here are the top 5 winners for my favorite books read in 2015:

#5:  TEN by Gretchen McNeil



#4:  DEAD WAKE by Erik Larson


#3: THE NIGHT CIRCUS by Erin Morgenstern

The Night Circus

#2:  A MONSTER CALLS by Patrick Ness




And finally, drumroll, please...

#1:  SAND by Hugh Howey





Other books I loved include:

THE TAXIDERMIST'S DAUGHTER by Kate Mosse

AFTER THE ASHES by Sarah K. Joiner

UNBROKEN by Laura Hillenbrand

WENDY DARLING: STARS by Colleen Oakes

BLACK DOVE, WHITE RAVEN by Elizabeth Wein

And I've fallen in love with the JACK REACHER series by Lee Child. Also, I read the first three Harry Potter books out loud to my son. Those of course, are the best books ever. It would be unfair to the other books I read to include them on my top list--but they are there.

As far as my least favorites of the year, this was more difficult. In fact, impossible. I didn't read a single book this year that I didn't like or that disappointed in any way.

Some positive surprises, however, were AFTER THE ASHES by Sara K. Joiner, PROMISE by Judy Young, and RUNNING OUT OF NIGHT by Sharon Lovejoy, all remarkable middle grade novels that I think everyone should take the time to read.




No comments:

Post a Comment