Tuesday, January 29, 2019

PETALS - Writer Digest SP Ebook Awards Update

I feel very fortunate. My novel PETALS has received several very nice recognitions including the SCBWI Spark Honor and Library Journal E-book Award Honorable Mention.

I recently entered it in the Writers Digest Self-Published E-book Awards and received the following feedback from the official judge, which really made my day:

Structure, Organization, and Pacing: 4

Spelling, Punctuation, and Grammar: 5

Production Quality and Cover Design: 4

Plot and Story Appeal: 5

Character Appeal and Development: 5

Voice and Writing Style: 5

Judge’s Commentary*:

Petals presents with an interesting and genre appropriate photographic style cover art design. The over-all production quality was well done. Now, let’s talk about the plot. I felt that this was a dark, intriguing story that was smartly crafted. It’s difficult to find a truly unique plot these days, but the author has given it her best effort here. Carly was a hauntingly original character that was simply breathtaking. I really enjoyed this book and found the pacing to be mostly good. The author has a great voice and perfect writing style for the genre. But I’d recommend you keep an eye on your narrative prose versus dialogue mix as this can slow the pacing. Watch out for long, narrative prose passages. On the technical side, I found this to be really well done. It’s so refreshing to find a book that has been carefully crafted and well-edited. No major issues of note here. Just a solid entry from cover to cover. Thank you for sharing your world with us. I wish you the best of luck with this entry and keep up your writing endeavors. I hope to read more from this author in the future. Very well done.


No comments:

Post a Comment