Wednesday, April 24, 2019

WRITER 2 WRITER: CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS



In 2014, I founded Skyrocket Press as a place where authors seeking to self-publish could get quality, professional help with editing and design.

The first book we produced was MARTIAN GOODS by Noelle Campbell, a collection of sci-fi short stories. Since then, we have helped to publish seventeen books by half a dozen authors. I'm very proud of these books.

But I want to do more. So, this year I am transitioning Skyrocket Press into a traditional small press. I hope that in the coming year we will publish 6-8 novels and non-fiction books. I know what some of you are thinking. Why?

Why, when the publishing industry as a whole is losing money? Why, when most books out there barely break even, if they're lucky?

While of course I hope to earn a profit in time (if I don't, this venture may not last very long), my aim is pretty simple: I love creating books!

Not only do I love writing, but I love the process of publishing a book: editing, formatting, design. For me, each book is a work of art.

I also want to share my skills with other authors who dream of getting published. I know what it's like to work so hard for years on a story only to face rejection after rejection. I want to find a few gems and give them a chance. Give them life.

I can't promise my authors will get rich. If they do, great for both of us. But I can promise I will create books worthy of their stories, and I will do my best to help them market them and make them successes.

Submissions to Skyrocket Press are now open. We are looking for non-fiction "how-to" and self-help books, "clean" adult fiction, and occasional young adult fiction. We are particularly interested in titles about writing, and religious titles.

For more information visit our website: https://www.skyrocketpress.com/submissions
Scroll down past the contest info.

No comments:

Post a Comment