Sunday, September 6, 2015

BOOKS I WANT FOR MY BIRTHDAY

Today is my 47th birthday...I think. I lose track sometimes.

When I was somewhere between ten and fourteen, all I wanted for my birthday was books. Trixie Belden mysteries, to be precise. I read them voraciously. I read lots of other books, too. Well, I still do.

At the top of my "WANT" list for Christmas and birthdays are usually the usual--books. One Christmas, I remember, my husband bought me a stack of Leon Uris novels. For an anniversary, he bought be a first edition of James' Hilton's Random Harvest.

So, what is on  my "WANT" list this year?


Winter (Lunar Chronicles Series #4)

#1:  WINTER by Marissa Meyer (Book 5 in the Lunar Chronicles)
Okay, so it doesn't come out until November! Argh! I still want it NOW! And Christmas will be too late.

Sanctum (Asylum Series #2)

#2: SANCTUM by Madeleine Roux
I read book one, Asylum, and loved it. It was deliciously creepy and I can't wait to find out what happens next. And book 3, Catacomb just came out, too!

The Taxidermist's Daughter: A Novel

#3: THE TAXIDERMIST'S DAUGHTER by Kate Mosse
Okay. Seriously. This one doesn't come out until March. Oh, the horror! I love, love Kate Mosse's books.  The problem is they are published in the UK, and sometimes aren't available here in the US right away. But it is still on my want list. Want. Badly.

Dead Ends

#4: DEAD ENDS by Erin Jade Lange
Loved, LOVED Erin's debut YA, Butter, about a seriously overweight, suicidal, sax-playing teen boy. Dead Ends promises to be just as hard-hitting and emotional--a story about an unlikely pair of friends, a bully and a boy with Downs' Syndrome.


Well, that's it for now. I'm sure the list will continue to grow, as it always does. Any books on your WANT list this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment