Tuesday, July 22, 2014

WHAT I'M DOING NOW

As most of you know, my new book CONTACT was released on June 23rd with Hallowed Ink Press. That was an exciting day for me, the culmination of two years worth of hard work.

But I'm just getting started.

What am I working on now?


** This Thursday (July 24th) I will be doing a reading at Book'd in Burbank. After that, I will likely not be doing a lot of book events until after Christmas because of school...see below.


** My short story "Mirror, Mirror" is tentatively scheduled to appear in Hallowed Ink Press's anthology White Rabbit. Not sure of the release date, but I'll let you know as soon as I find out out.


 ** I have been submitting my middle grade  historical novel, The Storytellers, to agents. My immediate goal is to find a literary agent. After 9 years of writing and 3 published novels, I still don't have one.



**  I am part of a critique group and am working on a revision of my young adult novel Memorable with the hopes of submitting it to agents in the fall. In the meantime, it is a finalist in the YA Romance Writers of America contest. The winner will be announced this Wednesday. Fingers crossed!

 
** The third book in The Celestine Chronicles series, The Seer of the Guilde, is about 1/3 of the way finished - at least the rough draft. I hope to have it done by October, and to my publisher by December. With any luck it will be published some time in 2015.


** My last year of graduate school begins late August. This semester I'm taking a theory of Literature course as well as class about comic book artist Art Spiegelman (Maus).



** I am also learning how to play piano. My immediate goal was to learn to read bass clef (I have known treble clef most of my life, but never learned the left hand.) I am happy to report I've pretty much got it down thanks to my daughter, who is my piano teachers, and I've just completed the Micheal Aaron Adult Piano Lessons, Book I.



** I have set a life long goal for myself to learn a new language each year, at least enough to get by in a basic conversation. I've started learning Spanish via Rosetta Stone. I chose that first because even though I've been married to a Hispanic for 21 years, I never mastered the language. It's about time.

So that's about it for now. The rest of my time is pretty much taken up with homeschooling my kids, working for Middle Shelf Magazine, and trying to keep up with housework.





1 comment:

  1. Wow, do you ever sleep. This was a fun update. Nicole and my friend Debby who went to the Contact book release loved the book. Debby said she couldn't wait to share it with others. That is the next book on my list so I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete