Wednesday, July 5, 2017

WHAT I'M READING THIS SUMMER

I know I'm a little late getting started with my summer reading. I normally pick a theme and read about half a dozen books throughout the summer on that theme. Two years ago it was zombies. Last year it was dramatic, realistic fiction. I'm entering this summer with several books already started, including A PRAYER FOR OWEN MEANY by John Irving and THE PEARL THIEF by Elizabeth Wein, both historical novels. I plan to read Pulitzer Prize winner ALL THE LIGHT WE CANNOT SEE by Anthony Doerr for my book club. I also just finished THE UNDERGROUND RAILROAD by Colson Whitehead, which is mostly historical with a slightly fantastical twist. So, I guess my theme this year is historical.

What books are you reading this summer?





2 comments:

  1. Right now I'm reading Coyote Blue by Christopher Moore, but I plan on re-reading the Harry Potter series, along with some Discworld by Terry Pratchett. I'm also on the look out for a good thriller or ghost story.

    ReplyDelete